About The Programme
Research is a form of systematic enquiry to delve deeper into a subject and produce socially relevant results in different forms like a product, research paper, patent or thesis. The technological developments in the education sector alongwith the need to build an interdisciplinary approach has overhauled the conventional ways of doing research with ICT based methods. There is a shifting need for the academic community to adapt ICT integrated skills and techniques for more effective knowledge creation and dissemination. One way of doing this is by adopting new practices of building one's research. Using Online Tools is one of the prominent methods in the different stages of research and learning in this direction. This has gained prominent importance in recent times for their flexibility and agility to enhance research development and learn new skills. This Online Faculty Development Programme is diligently planned around learning some open source tools and techniques that are useful in accomplishing research outcomes.
With this programme, the participants will be able to explore the usage of online tools for learning, researching and professional development and also build their capability to plan, design and implement the research that are in tune with international standards. The primary tools covered are those that would aid a researcher in a systematic background knowledge probe, data visualization, and effective presentation of results, writing research paper, preparation of reports and thesis, and prevention against plagiarism In addition to this, the FDP would also provide analytics to improve learning. On a larger scale, it can also help in improving cross cultural relationships which leads to collaboration between institution, educators and learners locally and internationally.
What You Will Learn
After successful completion of the online program, the participants will be able to:
* Get in depth understanding of usage of several open source tools that can assist them in their research endeavors.
* Gain better understanding on how to design a valid research project to answer specific research questions.
* Write effective research papers and thesis in the journal designated formats using online tools.
* Effectively analyze and present their data and research outcomes Gain awareness on the concept of originality of research.
* Know the process of finding good quality journals for research and publishing.
* Establish collaborations with the research community. Improve their overall quality of research